The YubiKey 4 is the strong authentication bullseye the industry has been aiming at for years, enabling one single key to secure an unlimited number of applications.
Yubico’s 4th generation YubiKey is built on high-performance secure elements. It includes the same range of one-time password and public key authentication protocols as in the YubiKey NEO, excluding NFC, but with stronger public/private keys, faster crypto operations and the world’s first touch-to-sign feature.
Where you can use YubiKey 4
The YubiKey 4 and YubiKey 4 Nano can be used for securing access to a wide range of applications, including remote access and VPN, password managers, computer login, FIDO U2F login (Gmail, GitHub, Dropbox, etc), content management systems, and much more. Find out more about the range of open source and enterprise solutions on our YubiKey for Business and YubiKey for Individuals pages.
Core YubiKey Features
- Works instantly, no need to re-type passcodes from a device — replacing SMS texts, authenticator apps, legacy OTP tokens, and similar devices
- Identifies as a USB keyboard, smart card and smart card reader — no client software or drivers need to be installed, no batteries, no moving parts — and works over USB
- Crush- and water-resistant; YubiKey 4 is practically indestructible during normal use
- The keychain size weighs only 3g, and attaches to your keychain alongside your house and car keys; the smaller nano size weighs only 1g and fits inside your USB port
- Integration within minutes with free and open source server software
- Manufactured in USA and Sweden with high security and quality
Special YubiKey 4 Features
- Works on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux operating systems, and on major browsers
- Supports multiple authentication protocols, including Yubico OTP, smart card (PIV), and FIDO U2F
- Hardware secure elements guard your encryption keys
- RSA 4096 for OpenPGP
- Support for PKCS#11
UNIVERSAL 2ND FACTOR
FIDO U2F is an emerging open authentication standard, with native support in platforms and browsers. U2F breaks the mold for high security public key authentication, removing the complexity of drivers, specialized client software, and the traditional costly CA model. With FIDO U2F, one single YubiKey 4 or YubiKey 4 Nano supports any number of online services, with no user information or encryption keys shared between the service providers. Learn more about FIDO U2F.